Beyblade-Supporters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyblade lesson: Parts of a Metal Fight Beyblade

5 posters

Go down

Beyblade lesson: Parts of a Metal Fight Beyblade Empty Beyblade lesson: Parts of a Metal Fight Beyblade

Post by Darkmega354 Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:15 am

I hope SaM doesn't mind if I help out with these... anyways, customizing has always been a large part of Beyblade (at least for most), but you need to know the parts and their uses before you can put together an effective custom. This lesson will detail the parts of a beyblade

Face: The face is essentially the part that holds the beyblade together. The standard face has little to no use besides this, and it is like the bit chip or bit protector of HMS and plastic blades. However, a metal face part that weighs 3.5 g more than the standard face, and it is a valuable part for defense and stamina types. The face is usually named after the blade it comes with.

Wheel: This is basically the attack ring of the beyblade, and is usually the part making contact with the other blade. This is usually the only metal part in the beyblade and provides the weight as well as functioning as an attack ring. Defense and stamina type wheels usually focus on deflecting attacks while losing as little spin as possible, while attack wheels focus on inflicting as much damage to the other blade. The wheel is named after the blade it comes with for pre-HWS blades, or Earth, Rock, etc. for HWS blades. E.G. Storm Pegasis 105RF or Pegasis 105RF

Track: This is essentially the blade base. Usually tracks only vary in height, with 90, 105, 125, 135 and 145 variations (there may be more I'm missing). The height of a track is measures in millimeters, with a decimal point added one place to the right of the tracks name (145 is 14.5 mm, 90 is 9.0 etc.) However, "gimmick" tracks have been being released lately. These tracks have an added feature or gimmick. For example, Flame Saggitario's C145 track has claws on the track, meant to absorb the shock of low attacks. These can be very useful, and can improve a custom a lot. Track names are listed after the wheel name with the gimmick letter first, e.g. Flame Sagittario C145S.

Bottom: The bottom determines the movement pattern of a beyblade. Attack types use high friction, flat bottoms that produce fast movements to "attack" the other blade. Defense blades use bottoms more like the well-named D or WD bottoms that are relatively low friction yet still stay sturdy to withstand attacks. Stamina types often use low friction bottoms that allow the blade to outspin defense types, yet are extremely fragile and are easily knocked off balance. The bottom is listed after the track name in a beyblades name. e.g. Flame Sagittario C145S

With the addition of the HWS, the Clear wheel was also added. This has little to no impact on the blade's performance and is usually only for decoration to make the blades "show accurate" with the release of the anime. The Clear Wheel has the same name as the face, and is the "constellation" part of a blades name, e.g. Flame Sagittario C145S.
Darkmega354
Darkmega354

Male

Back to top Go down

Beyblade lesson: Parts of a Metal Fight Beyblade Empty Re: Beyblade lesson: Parts of a Metal Fight Beyblade

Post by SaMaster14 Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:20 am

no problem!

I hope what you wrote is yours though... and you didn't just copy from WBO... since they have A LOT of stuff, and I was tempted... but I want everything here to be our own words, I don't want any issues with WBO, its a great forum

But, none-the-less thanks for the lesson and the help! this will be very helpful to many new MFB users!
SaMaster14
SaMaster14
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Beyblade lesson: Parts of a Metal Fight Beyblade Empty Re: Beyblade lesson: Parts of a Metal Fight Beyblade

Post by Darkmega354 Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:43 am

Yep, thats all mine... it took a really long time LOL
Darkmega354
Darkmega354

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raykon Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:33 am

It does seem a lot like WBO's ... But if you did create this, then really, good work. It explains a lot.
Raykon
Raykon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartof4Lion Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:01 am

Raykon wrote:It does seem a lot like WBO's ... But if you did create this, then really, good work. It explains a lot.

I think this ver. elaborates more on what the WBO has haha
Heartof4Lion
Heartof4Lion
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

https://www.youtube.com/Heartof4Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by brawl4life Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:05 am

Good Job.

Also, does anyone mind searching to find the topic in WBO about things like WD, meaning wide defense and etc.?

It would be good for the members here.
brawl4life
brawl4life
Administrator
Administrator

Male

https://www.youtube.com/brawl4lifeX

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartof4Lion Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:06 am

brawl4life wrote:Good Job.

Also, does anyone mind searching to find the topic in WBO about things like WD, meaning wide defense and etc.?

I can probably just post what I know rather than finding it on the WBO
Heartof4Lion
Heartof4Lion
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by brawl4life Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:09 am

Heartof4Lion wrote:
brawl4life wrote:Good Job.

I can probably just post what I know rather than finding it on the WBO

That'd be good.

Thanks in advance... Very Happy
brawl4life
brawl4life
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartof4Lion Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:02 am

Darkmega, I hope you don't mind, but I edited the names of the parts you brought up because it'd be easier to read the description this way IMO. And I also stickied this since I thought that this will be useful for those just coming into the MFB series once we hit spring :]
Heartof4Lion
Heartof4Lion
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by brawl4life Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:04 am

Heartof4Lion wrote:Darkmega, I hope you don't mind, but I edited the names of the parts you brought up because it'd be easier to read the description this way IMO. And I also stickied this since I thought that this will be useful for those just coming into the MFB series once we hit spring :]

It's pretty much Spring here in So Cal amirite HO4L?

Anyway, good stickie. Lol
brawl4life
brawl4life
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartof4Lion Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:05 am

brawl4life wrote:
Heartof4Lion wrote:Darkmega, I hope you don't mind, but I edited the names of the parts you brought up because it'd be easier to read the description this way IMO. And I also stickied this since I thought that this will be useful for those just coming into the MFB series once we hit spring :]

lol Its always spring here in SoCal xD
Heartof4Lion
Heartof4Lion
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by brawl4life Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:17 am

Heartof4Lion wrote:
brawl4life wrote:

lol Its always spring here in SoCal xD

So far, we're about the only state without snow. Yay~ cyclops
brawl4life
brawl4life
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down